This past weekend it really hit me with the lessons both taught in class and fellowship. Of course the lessons were of Christ crucifixion and rising again, which isn't any new story to me.
Our class concentrated partly on Mary and Jesus' relationship and doubt. As a mom of a son it came super close to my heart this year {i know this sounds horrible, just bare with me}. During class someone played this song by Brad Paisley and Sara Evans, "New Again." Brad played the thoughts of Jesus and Sara,Mary. It has Mary recalling her giving birth and him growing up. The words were awesome and so sweet and my heart just hurt for God and Mary. That they knew their son was too die for all. It took my all to fight back tears just thinking at about how hard this had to have been. Which brings me back to Lincoln, how much I love him even when he can really test my patience some days. He has this book that I love called "I Love You Through and Through," this is my most favorite book that I have gotten him. It says just about everything there is to possibly love on him both in and out {every bit is true}. I love this little man with my whole entire being! I hope that we have many years together.
| First Try @ Cereal |
| Poppy loves Lincolns blankets. |
| Our buddy Holt @ ACU Homecoming. |
| Flying with Daddy |
I pray for Lincoln that he will one day be an amazing man. And pray that I can be the best momma I can and take in every second of him.
2 comments:
beautifully written, Hayley! the first birthday was so emotional for me as well. There is nothing like a first birthday! ALL of the birthdays are important, but there is just something about that first one. It's like a medal of honor, a celebration, a flag at the peak of a summited mountain. I hope Mr Lincoln has the best birthday ever, that he enjoys his cake, company & presents; and that Mommy enjoys remembering the special day that changed her life forever. :)
Hayley, I love reading your heartfelt words about being a mother and loving your son as Mary loved her little baby Jesus-actually, I'm crying now it is so incredibly sweet...
Post a Comment