Thursday, February 28, 2013

I see London, I see France

A couple of weeks ago I got the opportunity to join Kelby in London while he worked.  It was a wonderful trip, perfect for a little break from parenthood, work etc.

My journey started with a flight to Dallas to drop Lincoln off with his grandparents.  I then sat in DFW for 5 hours which actually went by faster than I thought.  I took care of some work, had a drink, read some of my book, had a drink, getting the picture...Finally I had  what you would call dinner and then decided it might be time to go to my gate.  I still had about an hour before they started boarding my plane so I played some games.  While playing my game I decided my hands were really dry and needed some lotion.  So I take my rings off set them in my lap while applying.  In the meantime my phone rings, it's my mom just checking in before I leave the country.  While on the phone I noticed I do not have a lot of battery and should get off to charge my phone.  So I get off the phone and dart towards a the closest plug.  Well....remember me taking my rings off and setting them in my lap! Yep, you guessed it they went flying.  So I realize my finger is ring less and dart towards where I was seated.  I found two but not the other (insert queasiness). This sweet family and I looked for 20 minutes pretty much up until we boarded.  So I text Kelby, let him know that I lost it and then boarded a plane for 8hrs.  Not the way to start a trip and let me say i didn't sleep a wink. I did watch Pitch Perfect which helped me have a few giggles through the loss of my ring.

The trip did get better, I arrived safely and Heathrow was a madhouse.  Kelby and his friend Tyson luckily found me and we headed to the hotel.  We stayed close to the airport because Kelby and his co-workers had to stay near the station.  Basically we went in, I took a quick shower got dressed and headed to my first premier league futbol game (soccer).  It was pretty cold that day and we mainly walked outside, I had frozen toe syndrome and so did Kelby.  The game was a blast and exciting.  The chants and dances the crowds were doing cracked Kelby and I up.  They loved this one player and he had a chant of his own," Jimmy can do whatever he wants, he can score whenever he wants," just imagine that in a song version. 

On Sunday before Kelby and I had to work we went to Trafalgar Square to the National Gallery Museum and Picadilly Circus. We walked down China Town and hopped in some little fun shops, hit the red light district ACCIDENTALLY and then stopped into a Comedy Pub. Most of the days in London were not sunny but even if they were right around 3 it started to get dark. These photos below aren't great, I took the wrong lens for our camera.

                                            Trafalgar Square, National Gallery Museum
                                                       Beautiful architecture and
                                                       monuments everywhere.
                                                       In front of one of two large fountains
                                                       in front of the National Gallery Museum.
                                                       China Town

I am going to do this in two parts, maybe three. 1. Because my computer loads pictures S.L.O.W
2. Sometimes you lose readers if too long (I am one of them) 3. It makes me have to blog, I am a terrible blogger.

1 comment:

Toddi said...

Finally some photos! Y'all had a blast, huh?! Didn't know about your lost ring-bummer-hope it wasn't your wedding ring?