Monday, April 28, 2008

Days In Denver

So, this past weekend I flew to Denver to see Kelby and visit with our friends Jamie and Brent. We had a wonderful time and hopefully I will be able to post some pictures from it. The first night we got there we didn't really do much because everyone was very tired. So, the next morning we got ready for a hike.

Earlier in the week before I flew to Denver I had asked what the weather would be like. Supposedly it was to be around the seventies and eighties. Not so much! So, Kelby and I were not prepared for a cold hike. No worries though since Jamie and Brent live in Denver they had plenty of winter clothing. Kelby however only were a sweatshirt and shorts. So, we get up to our hike in Golden,CO and it is pretty chilly so we start putting on our warm gear. Kelby then thought he might need some pants. However, the only pants we had were blue jeans of Brents which vice to say they didn't fit well. (picture will be available soon) As we start hiking it starting snowing like Dip n Dots ice cream and then later becomes a full snow flake. Overall though we froze most of the hike, the hike down was nice and we were able to shed our winter coats.

Saturday night we had a blast. We went down town to the Rio Grande restaurant to take down a few margaritas. There is a limit of 3 to each person because they are pretty potent. However, I think Kelby and Brent snuck a few extra. After our margaritas we proceed to Illegal Pete's for some food because no one had eaten. Actually we went with some of Jamie and Brents friends because they were still visiting at the Rio Grande. After we stuffed our faces with food we then went to the Tavern, it was time to dance. The place was packed but so much fun! We had a big group dancing and even Kelby danced a most of the time. It was a blast! Kelby and I really enjoyed Jamie and Brent's friends.

2 comments:

Leigh Ann said...

Hay Hay!!
I am so glad you have a blog! Between you and Kelby, this will be a good mix. Sometimes I need to read something "G" rated after I read his:)
Miss you! Email me sometime.... leighannbooker@gmail.com

M. E. (Doc) Bratwurst said...

Can you explain to your readers what Kelby looks like when he "dances"? I can only imagine...I'm seeing a cross between Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel Aire and Barack Obama on Ellen's show! Magical!