Thursday, July 30, 2009

Where have the months gone....










Okay, I don't know how these pictures are going to post but just work with me. In May my best friend from college,Jamie came to visit with her little boy Brody. It was my first time seeing Brody and he was absolutely adorable. I can't wait to go see them in the fall. In June for my birthday present Kelby got me a trip to New York. This picture is of Kelby in front of the Stock Exchange. We had a wonderful time visiting family up there. I loved,loved,loved it! Can't wait to go back! The next couple of picks were in June too, but I say July because it was Kelby's surprise 30th. I had everyone dress up in their best 70's get up. First we went to the Fox and Hound to have drinks,food, and of course a Muddy's Prozac cake, yummy! Then at midnight we went to the bowling to show off our mad skills. Unfortunately Kelby and I had a little too much fun a the Fox, that our bowling skills were terrible. But we sure danced the night away to alot of Michael Jackson!!! Okay the real July which I don't have pictures of we went to the lake with our neighbors and a couple of other friends. I had so much fun, it has been way to long since I have been on a lake. The next weekend was our friends Courtney and Gaines wedding. Again I don't have pictures, only one on my phone. It was a really pretty wedding and after the reception we all head to where else but Raiford's for a little dancing.
What's going on now? Well, we think we have picked our adoption agency. There are a few questions to be asked but other than that....I really hope they are the one. It seems like God has just pushed us towards them. Please keep us in your prayers if all goes well in about 6 months we will be approved to adopt. Pray for us getting more involved in our church, all forms to be excepted, approval and our future birth mom. I pray every night that God points us to the agency and that a birth mom will pick us. I am excited and nervous all in one and we have yet to even start the real part of adoption.
What else is going on? Kelby and I went to see the Rocketboys, great band, they went to ACU or least most of them. Look them up! I am about to finally have business cards, my sweet cousin-n-law Ryan (graphic artist) designed them for me. I love them and can't wait to see them printed. He even made a gmail account for future clients: hayleydavisinteriors@gmail.com What a wonderful cousin. Kelby is running in a Road Race Series, he runs a couple of 5ks here, a 10k there and finally in Dec. St. Jude's Marathon. I am so proud of him! We both have jumped on the P90x wagon (have to look buff for Mexico in 3 weeks). I love the excercises so far, but yoga is hard! The nutrientional part is killing us but we are doing it with slight modifications on the weekends.
Well, that is it so far. We leave for Mexico, Aug. 18th and I can't wait. It is raining like crazy here in Memphis. In fact our backyard is literally flooding it has rained non stop all week and has been pouring for the last 4 hrs. I hope everyone is doing well, have a wonderful rest of the week.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Man! Y'all are BUSY!!! Looks like you're having fun! What are y'all doing in Mexico?? Robert and I are leaving for TX today, then we're off to Costa Rica! Can't wait!
THe same pics were my favs too! Funny! I was using our big Canon Rebel to take all of them. I bought it awhile back so I could just take pics myself, but I hadn't really done it yet and I'm a little rusty. I'm working on it though and hopefully will get better! It's cheaper to be able to do it yourself!
Make sure and call us when y'all come to CO! We can cook out and make a fire and drinks in our backyard, play a little foosball and cornhole....who knows where the night will take us! HA!