Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What's been going on.....

Well, it is 11:00 at night and I am just now getting to my blog. Right now I am watching "Unwrapped," which I am probably going to switch to "Sex in the City." Kelby is out of town for work, he is actually back in New York, I am jealous. So it is just me and my girls! So here's what's going on these days:

Kelby and I are still rockin' the P90x. It definitely kicked my butt today. We have been doing somewhat good on the diet part, weekends are our weakness even though we try not to splurge.

Last Thursday we celebrated our 4th anniversary. I can't believe how time flies, you could say I am a pretty lucky gal. He is definitely my best friend and great helper around the house.

Adoption: We have officially picked an agency. Well will be as of Monday when we turn in our first part of paperwork. It is a christian based agency called AGAPE, and they were the most informative and also have a short list of infant adopting families. This is a major plus seeing how most of the waits with others was 2-4 years. As part of there paperwork we needed to get a preacher and church leader to be references. Kelby and I have been attending Highland Church of Christ for a little over a year but have yet to place membership. Well, we are now going to become part of the church. We have a meeting this Sunday with the elders and Kelby and our preacher Chris have been talking. So we are on our way. Kelby and I will be adopting domestically and gender and race is not an issue which can also speed up the process for us. Please keep your fingers cross and send up a lot of prayers. We have a long road ahead but we will get there.

Last weekend I traveled to McKinney for a quick trip and do I mean "quick." My youngest nephew Trey turned 2. He had a great birthday with family and friends. It was good getting to see my niece and nephews it had been since March since I saw them. Oh, and also my sister,mom and brother -n-law.

On Tuesday, we leave for Mexico and get there at noon. I absolutely can't wait, I just hope it is not raining. Supposedly my phone is saying they are having rain all this week. So the whole purpose of going is for Craig & Nadine's wedding which is that Saturday. It will be lots of fun and we will get to see alot of friends while down there.

Tomorrow, I am super excited to finally get our patio ceiling back up. Explanation: We are planning sometime to repaint the trim,windows, and doors on the outside of our home. Kelby and I started this ourself but scraping paint but it was a slow process and I got my job. Yep, that tells you how long its been!! So anywho we tore down the pation ceiling because it needed repair and finally it is getting put up. Yay!!

Well, that is about all that is going on. I will try and post some pictures of Trey's birthday before we head to Mexico.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I'm glad to read the update, I have been wondering about you. I think about you guys all the time and I'm excited for your journey. Have fun in Mexico!