What began as just another Sunday, one with church, naps, and me going out of town for work, soon took a very different turn...and ended up with the above scenario. I'm not quite sure, but this could be of Hayley called me and telling me her status. I was in Houston when this whole process began. I left on a 4pm flight and arrived at my hotel in Houston just after 7. After deciding on Papacitos for dinner, I was set to meet one of my coworkers in the lobby when I get the following text:
"Forewarning, I think my water might have broken, but not having contractions."
At that moment, I quickly began to look for flights back to where I'd just left from, but Memphis isn't a popular desitnation after 8pm on a Sunday night from Houston. After realizing there were no flights back, I turned to the rental car I'd just picked up from Hertz. My coworker agreed to go with me back to Memphis and keep me awake on the 9 hr 42 mins (according to my GPS) trip.
Meanwhile, back in Memphis, our awesome neighbors, and Hayley's Aunt Vic from Nashville, sprung into action. Lauren Russell, a labor and delivery nurse confirmed the water break and planned to get Hayley and our pre-packed baby stuff to Methodist Germantown. Her husband Jaime manned the phones and kept me in the loop. Our other neighbors took care of our "first borns", Scout and Poppy and made sure they were well taken care of. Aunt Vic jumped in the car and made it to Memphis by midnight to give Hayley some family presence bedside. Some of our other friends also took some shifts bedside trying to keep Hayley's mind off of baby long enough for me to get there (Thanks Chase and Rebecca!)
When we pulled out of Houston at 8:30, just as Hayley was checking in to the hospital, I never thought I'd make it back to see the birth of my first born child. Through great guidance from Lauren on what to do to slow down the labor process and the devine planning of God, I was able to turn the 9 hr 42 min trip into 8 hours and make it to the hospital by 4:30 this morning.
I was just in time to hurry up and wait.
{Hayley Stepping In}
Okay I have to finish this. It has been bugging me! Kelby started it at the hospital but it was having trouble load the pictures so we gave up.
Once Kelby had arrived I was already started on PIT, so things at least seemed to speed up for me. We all tried to catch some zz's and I guess we did. At about 9:30am the doctor came in to check me. To my surprise she said that I was a 10 and that we would have a baby in an hour.
Everyone started to get prepped included daddy. We had to make sure that all cameras and videos were set to go. It seemed liked I pushed for forever, in fact my contractions were still 3 min apart so in between pushes I slept. I kept asking them if anything was happening because I couldn't feel a thing, thank you epidural (I highly recommend it!!). Kelby kept telling me we were almost there and we were. Next thing you know out came baby, lots of hair but upside down. The doctor was killing Kelby, he just couldn't wait to see what we had. Just a few seconds later she turned him and "it's a boy," came out of everyone's mouth.
Daddy was elated, not that he wouldn't be if it was a girl.
We are absolutely infatuated with this little fellow.
{Ps. We are having trouble getting our pictures up. Hopefully we can post some soon. I know total disappointment because he is pretty darn cute, if I must say myself!}
2 comments:
congrats! can't wait to see pics of the little man!
Congrats Hayley!!! So excited for you!
Post a Comment