Thursday, January 20, 2011

Ode' to Little Man and his First Christmas, Part I

Yes, I have to do this in parts because well....just too many pictures and trips to lock into one post.
Our Christmas adventures began Christmas Eve with a trip to Longview.
We started Christmas with my family in Longview,TX
where my sister and her family live.
We got off to a great start and the drive went well too.
Lincoln is now a seasoned traveler.
(Well in my books anyways)
We arrived shortly after 2pm to a quiet house, but a few hours later things got very loud. 
You can only imagine the excitement of an 8,5,and 3 year old on Christmas Eve.
They were excited even more that little cousin Lincoln would be joining in the
Christmas fun.
Lincoln went to his first Christmas Eve service!
He really enjoyed looking at the decor and the big screens they had.
I personally enjoyed him getting to listen to Christmas carols.
I love Christmas music and very rarely get to listen to it, I have a Scrooge for a husband.
Then we made Christmas cookies to lay out for Santa
and as a family tradition in our house exchanged ornaments.
Soon after Lincoln went down because soon Santa would be around.
At 5am the next morning he was up, mainly due to the excitement that
Santa had come.
Jak my oldest nephew couldn't wait for Lincoln to see what Santa brought him.
He got a winter hat, waffle shirt, shoes, a couple of books and some rattles.
Lincoln must have been a good boy!
After the adults slowly woke up and got their caffeine intake it was time for presents.
Yum, these new shoes taste great!
Thank you Meme and Papa for the extra sheets.
They will come in handy next stomach bug that
rolls around.
He loved the bows and paper.
So excited about his dog Scout.

What is this contraption!


Best picture we could get!!

No comments: