Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Great Expectation, Part I

What a Great weekend we had. Everything that I had been scheming in my head  for months came out exactly how I pictured it. Most family and friends were able to attend, the weather was perfect {a tid bit cool}, and we had a happy birthday boy.

 It all started on Thursday with the baking.  As I had posted before I planned on making Lincoln's birthday and so I did.  I wish I had taken pictures of how I made it but I can walk you through.  First I made super easy strawberry cake {Lincoln loves fruit}.  I then printed out a large "1" in Rockwell Bold font and proceed to use this as a template. The icing I made was Butter icing from my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook.  This is one of my favorite cookbooks, I use it often. I bought color gel which is the best way to get the colors you prefer, and used three different colors. Here is a picture but it is not great:
Not the best picture, arghh.


Moving on, so the birthday boy has been cutting teeth on top of that his allergies decided to kick in too!
He did not have a great nap that morning or want to go down for his afternoon nap.  So.....what to do?! Well, his Gpa, Gma and Auntie A took him for a walk around the block a couple of times.  After his walk I gave him some allergy medicine, let him play for a little and then put him down.  Thankfully the allergy meds worked he got a great nap, in fact I had to wake him up for the party and he was in a great mood. Yay!!  Everything went smooth, all who said they could attend did! We had great food, great fun and my expectations were met!





There are lots more pics but I will not bore you with them. Plus, I had loaded some of the decorations I made and they somehow disappeared. So here is a little descripiton: I made a burplap banner that read "Happy 1st Birthday Lincoln,"; We had fun cups, straws, drink dispensers and awesome food; and  we hung lights with paper lanterns around the entire yard.  It turned out really cute and when I am not mad at blogspot I will post (meaning next blog post). Ps. I did applique the above bib that Lincoln is wearing and had a friend do the monogramming. Hope you enjoyed!

2 comments:

Lauri Anne said...

He is the cutest thing! Happy Birthday little Lincoln!

Memo said...

It was truly a wonderful 1st birthday celebration!