Tuesday, November 8, 2011

In the Hunt and on the Move

Word is on the street(our friend Laura) has told me that the house that Kelby and I LOVED might be back on the market. I have to admit I stalked it the other day and there has yet to be a for sale sign. Can you stalk houses?

So....maybe i am more in the hunt than Kelby but i know we are both looking and thinking about a new home. Especially when we think about adding another "little bit" to the family.  EventuallyHopefully we will be able to purchase a new home and one with more room this next Spring or Summer. Hey and if the Price is Right just maybe earlier than that! Doubt it, but it could happen. We also found another great mid-century home that we liked but it has a lot of work to do and way out of budget.

In other news we are getting started on the front of the house finally! Kelby and I came up with a plan to make our house a little mod than it is awhile back.  We had started by installing the bars (Kelby) to start this transition  almost a year ago (yep). So...today (or two weeks ago, a little behind on my post) Kelby went to purchase some of the supplies to begin this process.  We have one part of the house done, two more parts and a lot of wood to go. As far as the inside of the house goes via post "If Only..." well the shades and curtains are complete minus a new rod and some hole filling. The sectional has been sitting here since this past March. The Mongolian lamb pillow is  purchased and on couch as well as two black and white pillows purchased from Ikea. I still have yet to purchase a coffee and end table (going on 6yrs), just too picky. Oh and lastly since we had to toss the flea infested rug( thanks to our two lovely canines) we need a new rug.  I am tossing the idea around to paint a rug. And lastly our friend Sarah found some great chairs that we have decided to purchase.  Can't wait to see and reupholster them!

On the "L" news! Whewww, he gives us a work out everyday. He is saying all kinds of words, least fav NO. He loves stairs, still loves music and dancing, a picky eater at times, still loves his bed, getting 3 new teeth so...FUN, loves Shrek and Madagascar.  He talks non-stop which Kelby and I try to depict but it is a lot of jibberish.  L's hair is still long that hangs over his big blue eyes and he now weighs 27lbs.  Sometimes he makes me want to pull my hair out but most times he makes me laugh/smile. The other night he got in trouble for throwing his drink on the floor after Kelby told him not to and he repeated to do so.  So he got a slap on the hand, at first it shocked him and then he started slapping his own hand.  Kelby and I couldn't help but laugh while trying to keep a stern face.

1/2 Marathon Training is wearing me out but I am doing it.  Count down has begun it is less than 4 weeks away, Yikes!  I just keep telling myself that I can do it.  And lastly it is exactly one week away that I will be on a beach chair in Mexico soaking up sun and having a beverage with good friends!!

1 comment:

MeMo said...

Wish y'all could get that house you both love so much!!! If it's "in the Plan", right?!
I can just see Lincoln throwing his cup, challenging his Daddy-----little MESS!!!!!!
Have a great trip to Mexico-hopefully you'll come back pregnant again :). You knew I was gonna throw that in...