That is right everyone it is beginning to happen in the Davis household. Fixing the house up so we can put it up for sale. I was given the choice of either a new house or car and my choice was easy, a new house. However, then things were going wrong with the car and a new car sounded better. I am not going to lie I did a lot of both car shopping and house. With a little help on my decision making on what we need it became a no-brainer, we need a new house.
There is nothing wrong with the house that we live in right now except for the one small factor SPACE. Kelby and i have tried to make use of every little space we have. We could honestly live in this house for a few more years. However, our plans this fall/winter are to work on a new family member and our space in this house would become much smaller. Also, i couldn't really fool myself because i know how CRAZY I get in the space we have now. The things i am going to miss: Our 1st Memphis home, the short walk to Marquette park, our close distance to the Colonial buddies, and our sweet pretty neighborhood. I know that wherever we might find our new home that it is going to be different but eventually evolve into to something great!
One thing i do Love is the Hunt. Now, there have been a few houses that Kelby and I have looked at and even driven by to get a non-internet view. Unfortunately, one house has quite a bit of work to do the other wonderful inside that needs some updating but too expensive. Both of these homes have been on the market for one year at least. It also doesn't help that Kelby and i have a particular look we are going for. Of course the house has to have some must needed criteria: decent size back yard, at least 4/2, in right school district at least for elementary and not a significant amount of renovation. Another thing neither of the houses have are a 4/2, they are 3/2 but they have the much needed extra space. Here is one of the houses we have looked at, of course right now we are not serious buying mode.
We still have quite a bit of items that we need to conquer on our home before we put it up for sale. It really kind of makes me sad to think about selling but I know whenever we do find a new home that I will have much needed space. I will jusg have to zhold on to the memories we have made in this home and look forward to new memories in our future home.
No comments:
Post a Comment