Saturday, January 17, 2009

Really Behind, Update on Baby Making

So, I stink at getting pictures out from Christmas and New Years. We had a great time in Texas and enjoyed seeing everyone. I have some great pictures of the Beazley Long Horns again this year so I want to try and post those sometime. For New Years our newlywed neighbors invited us to dinner and then to play Rock Band at their house directly across the street. We had a good time and went to bed around 3:00. I told Kelby and I wasn't feeling good. And NO it wasn't because of alcohol it was because I was coming down with some kind of illness with a cough that lingered for 2 weeks.

Baby Making -Awe Natural, kind of! well we haven't done any other treatments since the IUI. I am still taking the Letrozole and was suppose to start hormone shots in January and have another IUI. However, we put a hold on ordering the shots because they are not cheap and we are recovering from the holidays. Plus, I needed to check into them more to see if our insurance would cover any of the meds. Also, we discussed alot over the holidays about adopting a baby, which again cost quite a bit and we will need to start the paperwork.

Well, I did find out that our insurance will cover some but we have to have our doctors authorize the other two. In total there are 3 things plus the Letrozole to take which is already covered.

Overall we are still looking into other fertitlity treatments while starting the adoption process. However, I have to light a fire under Kelby's butt so we can start the adoption paperwork. Maybe any and all who read this will help me out!!!!

6 comments:

M. E. (Doc) Bratwurst said...

I've got some kerosene if you've got a match!

Heidi Schlemmer said...

Hi Haley! I know a great contact for you if you want to know more about adoption. Amie (Bramlett) Way adopted a little boy and is in the process of getting their second baby right now. You can find her under my blog. Best of luck and glad to hear that you and Kelby are doing so well.

The Blakes said...

Hayley- Please read my friend Amber Radar's blog. She is getting into a case study for IUIs and filling out the adoption paperwork. Kind of at the same spot you are at. I have seen Amy Bramlett Way at a birthday party and she would be great at lighting any fires you need. Her baby boy is SO cute! Also, please read my friend Hollee's blog. Her triplets were born last June with the help of invitro. I don't know why women have to struggle with infertility, but the outcome is always so wonderful. I know you are going to get your baby. I have great hopes for this new year. Love you girl!

The Blakes said...

Hayley, what is your email address?

Anonymous said...

We have been praying for you. That is always on my mind. Good luck, and please keep us updated on the process!!!

Jill said...

Haley, I miss you! Thanks for always leaving sweet comments on my blog, sorry I get so behind on writing you, but you are never far from my thoughts and are ALWAYS in my nightly prayers! I must ditto what Kimberly said, I know there will be an amazing outcome to yours and Kelby's current struggles. Hang in there. I love ya!