Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ode to the Feelings....

So here we are 9 weeks 4 days preggo! I was talking to the people at work yesterday on how amazing it is at how soon your body changes. Pretty much from 4weeks on at least for me! Here are some things going on:

1. At 5 weeks I was still feeling pretty good, just hungry all the time. Can't drink lemonade, oj or milk doesn't sit well with the stomache
2. At 6 weeks I started feeling pretty queezy in the mornings and had to eat as soon as I woke up. Pretty much at 5:30 or 6. I am not an early riser,however, when there is a little person inside of you, you pretty much do what they want. Also, my first doctor's appointment where he confirmed that we were definitley preggo.
3. At 7 weeks queeziness is in full force as well as feeling like my food just sticks in the middle of my chest. Also, spicy food gives me reflux, yes it is such a wonderful feeling!
4. At 8 weeks another doctor's appointment. This time I got to see our little one (literally about the size of a pinto bean) and also here the heartbeat 174 really good. Also, I am also I few more days further along than thought. Queeziness is still there, my doctor also suggest I take Zantac so I can at least have some OJ. I have yet to get, but need to I would really love a glass of OJ
5. Here we are at 9 weeks and they weren't joking that sickness comes in full force. Prepare yourself: most of the time I just dry heave a little in the morning and I am done. However, this morning it was all throw up. This was a shock to me but I was glad to get it out. This just tells me that our little person is hanging in there. It really is bitter sweet!!

Okay moving on! So here and there I am a little bit moody. I am really trying not to be but sometimes I just have my days. Especially lately the days just seem to get longer and longer, ughhh....

Well, that is your inside view of what some pregnant woman go through. At least for the first 9 weeks. My next doctor's appointment is November 11th and I can't wait to go back.

7 comments:

Lauri Anne said...

It all gets better once your second trimester rolls around. I am so happy for ya'll. Update often-- I love to read your thoughts!

Thanks for you sweet comment--I owe it all to breastfeeding. It literally just melts all that weight off. It is just crazy!

Jill said...

Hang in there, I know it's tough. You will be glad that you are documenting all of this, too, so that way you will remember it for next time.

Honeyed Hashette said...

Congratulations! Hang in there! Just a few more weeks and you'll be through the first trimester and feeling much better!

Oh- and BUY THE ZANTAC! It's a lifesaver! I started waking up in the middle of the night choking on acid reflux and this made it all better!

I hope you are feeling better soon! Congrats again!

Mindi said...

Holy Cow... did I miss something? I had no idea you were pregnant!! Oh man, I'm so excited for you guys! I got chills and tears as it tok me a while to figure out that your blog was about you being pregnant.

Hang in there. The sickness will get better! I'm finally out of mine, and I think I was only 12 weeks in Mexico and you saw that I was fine!

SOOOOOO excited for you guys!

Mindi said...

mindikc@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for you! Congrats! If you are feeling sick AND craving fruit....it's a girl!!! I wish I could tell you the sickness goes away. Maybe for most people, but it didn't for me! 9 months of it!!!

Nadine said...

So wow! I didn't know you were pregnant either. Do you think the magic happened in Mexico? If so, maybe you can name your baby after me.