Friday, March 25, 2011

If only....(a blog about design)

we were in the market to buy a new house. 
Is this not the greatest house! That is what I thought when Kelby sent this to me. Perfect in every way! Remodeled 1966 mid-century house 3 bedroom and 2 full bath.  The perfect house for my family that will be growing in years down the road. My next thought was ughh...why in heck did Kelby send this to me? Such a tease. Like I said earlier we are not in the market to buy and unless this house sits on the market for a couple of years well....you know. However, I can't get this house out of my head. I.Love.It!!!

Okay, this house falls perfectly in the design era that I love, Mid-Century. You can ask Kelby or pretty much anyone, who my favorite architect was and bar none, Frank Lloyd Wright wins! (while in NY a couple of years ago I got to see his exhibit at the Guggenheim, it was awesome.) It is not only the houses but the entire aspect of the late50's- 60's. I am talking the clothes, hair, buildings,furniture design, wallpaper and fabrics. Thanks to some amazing designers in the interior world it has come back. Now a days designers might put their own spin on things but that is great.  I think adding something new to an old style brings us to modern day but still hanging on to the old days. Which next leaves me to our current house...

So Kelby and I are in the midst of hopefully finishing our living room.  We have yet to have in the 6 years we've been married to have a fully furnished home.  I think it might annoy Kelby at times.Being in the design world I like to change things about every two years or when we move. However, I am more than pretty sure I see the end to this as we have found our style. And so without further adieu my plans for our LVR:
This our new mid-century sectional. Love it!
It is in a very light gray fabric.

Dandelion Mongolian Lamb pillow for sofa.
You can purchase this at West Elm, part of new line of pillows.

The Bruno floor lamp from Robert Abbey.
With these old homes I need all the lighting I can get.

I am going to purchase two yards of this slate blue velvet from a friend for more pillows on sofa.  Coffee table, been searching for the right one for a long time. And lastly drapery, I found a couple of fabrics but not quite sure if I am sold.  Our drapery right now will turn into our kitchen  into simple relaxed roman shades. Man this list is long but I have vowed to myself this year that I will have a complete LVR and Kitchen (just windows for now). This Saturday, I and some friends will be headed to Bo Jo's Antique Mall. I sure hope I find some goodies!

I hope you have enjoyed this design blog and I plan to do more along with things about family.
Love you all and thanks for reading.
Hayley
Ps. I left out a nice occasional chair, I am hoping to find it at Bo Jo's for a really good price. Cross your fingers.



3 comments:

TJ said...

And I will get to sit on your new sofa and hold my little Lincoln boy in 5 more days.......!!!!!

Kipley said...

How I envy people like you who have the designing gift! I know what I like..but it takes us forever to figure how to decorate how we want. Your little man is so precious. I can't believe how big he is getting! What a cutie.

Unknown said...

This house is owned by one of my old design professors, Lucas Charles. Want me to see if he will sell it for 100,000? :)