Monday - Linda had mentioned the British Museum because this was her son-n-laws favorite museum. Given I was going to be in London longer than Linda I was pretty much game for anywhere. So we hopped on the Tube (Mind the Gap), and headed towards Russell Square. Let me just tell you that I loved walking in London because every building is AMAZING. The Bristish Museum was a wonderful museum and you could spend days in there. We planned to go to the areas we really wanted to see, since we were more than likely not going to spend a day there. We stopped in a little Scotch shop which I quite possibly could have spent a lot of "dough" there. They had a wonderful wool polka dot throw, a fantastic winter hat and great scarves. Alas, again in the back of my head I converted and the "dough" was a lot. So we maneauvered back to our Tube station and headed to Camden Market. I really wish I had taken pictures of this, it was definintely a sight to see. I really can't explain it, I guess because it was odd to me. We ate lunch at The Elephants Head pub, where I had a tasty falaffel and then we hit up a street market. I found a great scarf there and little tunic top for descent prices. We shopped there a bit and then it was time to head back to our hotel. If I can remember correctly this is the night we ate dinner at a place called The Pheasant known for there fish n'chips and meat pies. It was descent food but like most London food, it was bland.(maybe I just didn't get the right thing)
Hotel Russell
just a beautiful bldg.
It amazed me that these massive structures were restored.
Greece
This guy was HUGE!
and he wasn't alone there were two.
This is the outside bldg. of Bristish Museum
Tuesday - We headed to Victoria Square and our first stop was the Victoria & Albert Museum. One of my favorite museums. I loved that as soon as we got off the Tube we walked underground into the museum. This museum is just full of really great furniture, fashion, jewelry, rugs, collections of boxes, silver etc. REALLY COOL (a must see), they even have a great gift shop where I purchased a necklace. Then we just kind of walked around the corner onto Knightsbridge where the infamous Harrod's was at. I couldn't really phathom what Harrod's would be like until I walked into the mecca of anything designer. There was every kind of level you could think of fashion for women and men floor, luxury items, purses and shoes galore (Manolo,Louis Bouton,Jimmy Choo) you name it and it was there. I just drooled over all the fashion designer shoes and clothes. There is even a food market, chocolate, champagne bar and much more it is insane! Since we couldn't afford but some lotion there and a few things for Lincoln we decided to head out. I got lost just trying to get out of there. Knightsbridge is a great shopping area with shops that are a little more affordable. But alas I just bought be a good 'ole Starbucks chai latte and called it a day. Unfortunately, I only have one picture from the Victoria & Album Museum.
This was in the Asia area.
It is sketches of a facade.
I loved them and wished I could bring them home and frame them.
1 comment:
You should frame some of your photos!!!! Instant art & memories to cherish
Post a Comment