Friday, April 3, 2009

3 More Shots and Some Good Eggs

I woke up @ 6:00 to go to my 7:30 appointment. I didn't enjoy this at all because I am not a morning person, but I move pretty quickly once I pull myself out of bed. So once I finished getting ready I grab granola bar and orange juice and out the door I went. I decided to eat breakfast because I figured I would need it since I was going to be getting my blood drawn. Just being smart!

So today they were taking blood work and then I would have an ultrasound. When I arrived to the doctors office I was a little thrown back when they asked for payment. Now usually I am aware of payment but not today. The last IUI we had in November I didn't recall paying for an ultrasound or any of my blood work. So being a good wife, I questioned the clerk on why I would be paying for these and that I thought our insurance at least covered the ultrasound. Well, she wasn't that helpful and said I had to talk to the other clerk. The other clerk hadn't made it there so I just had to take a gulp and pay. Don't get me wrong it really wasn't that big of payment but we have already paid quite a bit just for the shots I have to take. Ok so I will move on because I know this really isn't that interesting.

So I get my blood taken by a jiven nurse. Yes, I said jiven! She was super excited that they were playing some upbeat music. I don't blame her, her office is tiny and full of blood viles. Music always makes the day go by and a boring office space seem better. After she draws my blood, I moved onward to my ultrasound. I will spare you the graphic details, it's not your normal ultrasound. Any whoo, this ultrasound shows if the medicine is working and that I maturing good large eggs. The cool thing is I get to see it too! I don't know what the average egg size is but I thought they were rather large. The nurse said they looked good and she wouldn't be suprised if she saw us again this weekend. So I am thinking,"Oh, good I will take my last shot to release the eggs and will have an IUI." Wrong Hayley! I have to take two more shots of the Repronex tonight and tomorrow night. Then Sunday morning I go to have another ultrasound. I wasn't to thrilled and I new Kelby wouldn't be either because that is just more money. And who works on Sunday, that is God's day a day of rest. I just feel sorry for the nurses.

Keep praying, we are almost to the real exciting and nervous part.

2 comments:

Heidi Schlemmer said...

Good luck Hayley! I'll keep you in my prayers that those good eggs make it!!!

Jill said...

I am anxiously waiting to hear more... You guys are and will continue to be in my prayers.