Well, it is official the IUI didn't take. Since this is a month to month occurrence it doesn't really bother Kelby and I that much any more. Sure we are a little disappointed but life happens and we have to roll on.
So last night after we attended a Robert Earl Keen concert, Kelby and I discussed our future as far as children. As many of you know Kelby and I have been very open to adoption, however we hoped that we would be able to have one on our own. What you don't know is that before Kelby and I were married, engaged, and really barely dating this was a topic of discussion.
Now back in college when Kelby and I were dating we had many mature conversations. One topic being how many children we want, were we open about adoption etc. I had told Kelby that I had a feeling that it would be especially hard for me to get pregnant. My reason being that my mom had a hard time getting preg and miscarried 3 times. So then we discussed adoption and we were both on the same page.
So back to our discussion in the car ride home from the concert. Kelby and I have both for awhile since we starting trying that God was trying to tell us that we need to adopt. It is weird to have that feeling but I didn't quite want to believe just yet and neither did he. So that is why we tried fertility treatments. I will say we really haven't given much of shot since we will no longer be taking them. But really how much affirmation do you need! We were just meant to be adoptive parents and who knows maybe some day down the road we will get miraculously preg.
4 comments:
I'm sorry Hayley...or am I? How are you feeling about this? It sounds like this is the answer to our prayers, maybe just in a different way than (you)we were asking for it. I'm really impressed by the way you and Kelby have handled this and I'm encouraged by your optimism. Any kid who ends up with you for a mommy, whether biological or adoptive, they will be lucky!
I think it is so awesome that ya'll have such a positive outlook on this. God will bless you no matter what, and ya'll will be great parents!
Hi Haley! My mom just gave me your blog address. How are you guys liking Tennessee? I bet it's beautiful. I read some of your blog and it all sounds so familiar...not sure if you know, but we had very similar issues. It's amazing how things turn out. We finally got to the point where we really were 100% ok with adopting and never having our own kids, and like people told me over and over, that's when we got pregnant. Not saying that will happen, but it's just funny what the Lord does when you COMPLETELY surrender to Him. It may totally be His plan for you guys to adopt now. Hey, what is your email address? I would love to email you...this is getting too long. : )
Hey Hayley, This is disappointing and exciting news. I know any child would be blessed to know that you chose them to be yours. But don't give hope. God dreams for us are bigger than we can dream for ourselves. I can't wait to hear more updates!
Post a Comment