Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Can't Stop Time

One week people, one week and I have a 1yr. old, Eeek! Seriously just when I think I have it all together for his birthday party the list just seems to keep growing.  Over a month ago I began Lincoln's birthday banner and ordering invites,paper lanterns and purchasing the necessities (plates,cups etc).  Somehow though my list keeps growing and I seem to be running out of time.
Part of my plan is making Lincoln's cake bringing back the skills that I learned back when I worked for two bakeries (this will actually be the last homemade thing I will make).I sure hope it turns out good.  I kind of did a test run on some cupcakes that I made around Easter time. My grandmother a great baker use to make all of her grand kids birthday cakes.  I wish I had some pictures of the cakes, we aren't talking just a yellow cake with icing slabbed on.  For instance some of her cakes: a carousel, cabbage patch kid, and darth vader. These were just some of the fabulous cakes that she used to make.  So I hope that I can bring this family tradition back by doing this for my family. I promise I will post plenty of pics of Lincoln's birthday party and maybe give you a sneak peak! 
6 days until this little boy is 1:





1 comment:

Corrie said...

Hayley,
Just discovered your blog. How cute and sweet it is! I will want to read it from the beginning when I grab some time here and there. Great job! Can't wait to see your little family next month in SD!!!!
Love you,
Corrie